Have you tried Sweet Corn Ice Cream?
Thanks to Kristen Ryan for sharing this Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
2 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 ear sweet corn
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened (3 tablespoons)
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut kernels off of corn and break cob in half and set to the side
2. Combine milk, heavy cream, salt and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a simmer
3. Add corn kernels and cob to saucepan and turn off heat. Let corn infuse the milk mixture for
at least 2 hrs or overnight in refrigerator.
4. Once infused, remove cob pieces and purée corn and milk mixture then strain to obtain a
5. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the milk mixture with the cornstarch.
6. In another large bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
7. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining milk mixture with the sugar and corn syrup.
Bring the milk mixture to a boil and whisk over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about
8. Off the heat, gradually whisk the cornstarch mixture into the milk mixture. Return to a boil
and whisk over moderately high heat until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
9. Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the cream cheese until smooth.
10. Set the bowl in the ice water bath and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 20
11. Put ice cream base into a ziplock bag or plastic container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or
12. Strain the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the
manufacturer's instructions. Pack the ice cream into a plastic container.
13. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream and close with an
airtight lid. Freeze the corn ice cream until firm, about 4 hours.